If you have read the last few articles I have written, you will know that I LOVE ALL THINGS FALL! Especially the food! Pumpkin, chili, soups, apples… they all get me in the mood to put on comfy clothes and snuggle up by the fire. ALL THE FALL FEELS! Since fall also brings the urge to eat comfort food, I wanted to share a few of my favorite healthy Instant Pot recipes perfect for fall.
First and most important, you need an Instant Pot. If you do not have one, you can get yours here on Amazon.
Instant Pot Vegetarian Quinoa Chili
Chili is the staple food for fall. This Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili is going to be your new favorite! All of these beautiful colors, vegetables, and nutrients packed in one bowl. Quinoa chili is full of flavor, very hearty, and the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. Taste it and see for yourself!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 medium red bell peppers diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (8-ounce) can low-sodium or no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium dark or light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Sliced avocado
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Shredded cheese
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot. Turn to SAUTE and let the oil heat. Add the onion and cook until beginning to soften about 2 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, chipotle chili powder, cumin, and kosher salt. Cook for 1 to 2 additional minutes.
- Add half of the vegetable broth and stir. Stir in the remaining broth and the quinoa. Pour the tomato sauce on top (do not stir after tomato sauce is added).
- Cover and seal. Cook on manual (HIGH) pressure for 8 minutes. Immediately release the pressure. Carefully open the Instant Pot.
- Turn OFF the Instant Pot. Stir in the black beans, kidney beans, and sugar. Place the lid back on top and let stand 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Add toppings and serve!
Vegetarian Mexican Quinoa Bowls
This one is my personal favorite for so many reasons. Mainly because I love me some Mexican food! Chips and salsa are my weaknesses and get me every time. When I feel that craving starts to form, I grab these ingredients and make a healthier alternative.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped, add seeds to adjust the heat level
- 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked, rinsed well for 2 minutes
- 1- cup vegetable broth
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juice of 1 lime
- Avocado, diced
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped lettus
- Sour cream
- Press the saute button on the Instant Pot. Add oil to it and then saute the onion, garlic, and jalapeño for 2 minutes.
- Add in the black beans and corn kernels. Mix well. Add everything else. Do not stir after adding the tomatoes so save these for last.
- Add the spices – cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the quinoa and toss. Then add the vegetable broth and mix.
- Close the pot with its lid and seal. Press the manual button and cook on high pressure for 1 minute. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Open the pot, fluff the quinoa with a fork. Add cilantro and lime juice.
- Add in your favorite toppings and serve!
PUMPKIN! This is the perfect oatmeal recipe for any fall morning. This will give you all the fall feels. Did I mention it is super quick and easy?!
- 2 c. Quick oats
- 1/2 c. pumpkin puree – out of the can
- 4 c. almond milk – or regular milk
Top With – Add one of your favorites!
- Brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients to the Instant Pot
- Pour in 1 cup of water
- Place dish on top of a trivet
- Close your lid and seal
- Set to high pressure for 5 minutes
- Do a quick release
- Transfer to bowl
- Add fruit or cinnamon on top and eat!
Here are a few more healthy recipes you should checkout!
Also, you should take another minute to read this blog post. Kitchen Essentials for Healthy Cooking [PLUS Recipes and a Free Gift]
I would love to hear from you! Please comment below if you have tried any of these recipes.
I am probably one of the few people that don’t own an instant pot but I am really considering buying one. Most recipes look absolutely delicious and as a busy mom this would probably help me a lot. That Pumpkin Oatmeal sounds delicious!
You are not the only one… There is one more person LOL. But, you should get one. Thanks for reading!
I am always looking for easy one pot meals! Thank you for sharing, I can’t wait to try them out.
The pumpkin oatmeal looks DELISH! I can`t wait to try it when it finally cools off here.
YAY! You made it! Let me know what you think
You had me at “Instant Pot Vegetarian Quinoa Chili!”
What have I been missing?!
This recipe is similar to mine…so I know it is DELISH!!! I don’t have an instant pot. I’m not a gadget girl. I feel like you are telling me I NEED TO GET ONE!! 🙂
That is exactly what I am telling you LOL! Girlfriend… Get one and see how life-changing it is!
This is a great list. I love my Instant POt!
I am an instant pot fanatic and am also in a rut with food so this is a great option for me.
These look absolutely delicious! I am super excited for fall and busting out my crock pot. I’ll have to invest in one of these instant pots 🙂
Wow, these recipes sounds amazing. I definitely need to give some of these a try. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for this. I now have recipes !!
Pingback: 9 Healthy Instant Pot Recipes for Fall - Clean Living With Kids