No matter how old (or young you are), it’s always the right time to make simple changes to your current lifestyle in order to stay healthy and live a good quality life.
I continue to find myself saying the same things “I wish I would have started sooner”. I think most of us say that phrase at one time or another. The average age of death in America is 79. We can do better than that for sure.
I have 6 simple ways you can stay healthy and improve your health fast no matter your age.
It is time to take charge of your health and now! Besides, if you don’t then who will?
There are some genetic factors that can get in the way of being as healthy as we want to be but for most of us, optimal wellness is a choice and we determine how healthy (or unhealthy) we want to be.
Every person reading this is at a different stage, age, and journey in their life but we should all strive to live our healthiest and best life possible no matter what our obstacles or challenges might be.
So, let me ask you this… what is your hold up?
The current state of your health?
Fear of missing out?
Overwhelmed by the thought of what it might take?
Whatever it might be, I want to challenge you to make at least one small change today to get you closer to what optimal health looks like for you.
Here are a few things you can personally do!
What can I do to improve my health fast?
Remember, you are what you eat
Remember that old saying ” you are what you eat?” It is so true and still so relevant. Probably more now than ever.
Food is the gateway to a healthy life. It is what fuels your physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual states. Our bodies rely on food to send nutrients and information to us in order to function properly.
Eating a whole food balanced diet is best. This means eating food as close to its natural form as possible cutting out processed foods. We will get all of the essential vitamins and minerals we need to be healthy.
If we overeat or eat the wrong foods we can become overweight, unhealthy, and we will put ourselves at risk for developing many diseases and conditions, such as cancer, diabetes, and heart-related conditions.
As much as we might love the way certain foods taste or make us feel, at the end of the day, it’s not worth it. We need to see food as a way to get the much-needed nutrients we need to live a long quality life and not as a way to get temporary satisfaction only to be left with regrets.
If you experience any of these symptoms, you might need to reevaluate what you eat:
- Dry and brittle hair
- Ridged fingernails
- Cavities and poor dental hygiene
- Change in bowel habits
- Mental issues
- Low immune system or often sick
Keep moving and stay active
Staying active can improve your quality of life and reduce your chance of developing a long list of diseases or health concerns.
If you are unsure of how you can do this with your current state of health or if you are limited because of health conditions, here are some ideas to keep you moving all year round and at any age.
- Make it fun! Pick an activity that you naturally enjoy doing and add some good motivational music or ask a friend to join. Play outside with your kids and just make it fun.
- Choose an activity that fits your current lifestyle. Take your finances, time, and physical abilities into consideration. You want to make sure it’s going to be easily obtainable so it doesn’t become something that becomes a burden on your time or finances,
- See what community exercise groups are available: See if your neighborhood or community has group activities you can join. Most are free or super inexpensive.
- Get outside: Go for a walk, swim, jog, hike, or bike ride is a great way to get active. Being outside and seeing the trees, breathing in the fresh air, or hearing the sound of moving water does so much for your mental state as well. You will also get your daily dose of vitamin d at the same time!
- Bad weather is not an excuse: Have a backup plan for rainy days. Head to the local YMCA or community center for some indoor activity. Gyms are so cheap these days. You can get a gym membership for as little as $10 a month.
- Exercise in the comfort of your home: All you need these days is Youtube and a few of your favorite home exercise equipment. It can be as moderate or strenuous as you want. As a matter of fact, use your daily household duties (cleaning, yard work, etc) as a way to burn a few extra calories.
- Be intentional: Look for ways to make what you’re currently doing an exercise. For example, use the stairs instead of the elevator, walk instead of driving, run instead of walking, and so on. You will be surprised how quickly the pounds will come off.
It’s not enough to “talk the talk”, you have to “walk the walk”. Living a lifestyle that does not support your wellness goals such as smoking, excessively drinking alcohol, or engage in activities that could put your life in danger is not going to help you get to that next level you are trying to achieve.
It’s not enough to eat all of the right foods and do all of the right things on this list if you are not living it out by making a lifestyle change that supports your wellness goals.
This is a big one so get ready… look at your circle of friends. If they are living a life that encourages you to participate in things that are not good for your health or doesn’t align with your goals, you should probably find a new circle.
But don’t worry, you will. As you continue down this road to optimal wellness, you will meet others who are looking to meet like-minded people. You will be surrounded by people who will support you and encourage you to keep moving forward even when you don’t think you can. These are the people you need!
Drink Lots Of Water
Water is essential to our health. Our body is made up of over 60% water and we need to maintain that throughout the day. Even losing as little as 3% can significantly reduce your body’s performance level. We need to make sure we are drinking water throughout the day to add back when we lose when we sweat and/or urinate. If we don’t, we will start noticing signs of dehydration, experience headaches, or excessive thirst. This is your body telling you it needs water.
- Anti-aging benefits
- Cleanses colon
- Immune system support
- Skin hydration and skin health
- Weight loss
- Removes toxins
- More energy
Join our 30 Day Drink More Water Challenge!
In this challenge, you will be able to improve your health just by increasing the amount of water you drink a day.
When you drink 64 oz of water a day, things start to happen, good things! Take a look and see for yourself!
I mean, water is free so, what’s the worst that can happen! Better health? More energy? Clearer skin? SOLD!!
Take the challenge here!
Take Your Supplements
Taking a good nutritional supplement will ensure you are getting the essential vitamins and minerals you need to maintain good health. Vitamins and minerals are naturally found in the foods you eat but most of us don’t eat these foods.
Supplements like pre and probiotics, collagen, vitamin d, magnesium, antioxidants, omega-3, or good multi-vitamins (just to nake a few) are important for overall wellness.
There are a few reasons you should take a supplement if you are not currently doing so already:
- You might have a medical condition that will cause vitamin deficiencies.
- An unhealthy lifestyle keeps you from getting nutrients from original sources.
- You get little exposure to sunlight
- You have digestion issues
- Genetic conditions that interfere with the metabolism of certain vitamins
Here are a few popular supplements we recommend:
Carbon C60: You may not be familiar with Carbon 60 (yet) but you will start hearing about it because it is the “most amazing chemistry discovery of the late 20th century”. Carbon C60 offers a lot of amazing benefits including longevity, give you energy, reduces inflammation, prevents you from weight gain, it is a super-powerful antioxidant and so many more. This is definitely something we all can benefit from. I would encourage you to read a previous article we wrote explaining exactly what Carbon C60 is and why it is going to change the future of medicine.
To read this article, What is Carbon 60 CLICK HERE!
A little secret… be on the lookout for Optimized Carbon coming in 2021!
Probiotics: A good gut is critical for optimal health. Your gut health (good or bad) has a lot to do with your overall health. If our brain and heart could talk, they would beg us to take care of our gut. That’s because poor gut health has been linked to heart disease, mental health conditions and a list of other health issues.
Our gut has both good and bad bacteria. Probiotics are called “good” bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy. Adding probiotics to your day will ensure proper gut health which will lead to overall optimal health.
Vitamin D: Vitamin D has been shown to have major influences on our health. A recent study even suggests it could protect us from major health concerns such as high blood pressure, heart disease, and even stroke. We can get this vitamin from the sunlight but most of us are deficient in vitamin d because we are not outside often enough. It is so important for our overall health to make sure we are getting the vitamin d we need.
To read more about vitamin d and why we need it, CLICK HERE!
Multivitamin: When it comes to a good multivitamin, Tangy Tangerine is the way to go. It is a yummy tangerine flavored powder you add to water in the morning and it gives you all 90 essential nutrients along with amino acids you need for optimal health.
To read more about Tangy Tangerine, CLICK HERE!
Collagen: Ahh… the fountain of youth! Collagen is the main protein located in our connective tissues. It is a protein that we naturally produce but as we get older (30+) our collagen production starts slowing down… and down… and down and that’s when we start seeing wrinkles, sagging skin and aching joints. The only way to add collagen back is to take a pure collagen protein supplement.
There are a few options on the market powders, pills, gummies, creams, you name it, it’s out there. You have to make sure you are getting pure collagen protein. That why we recommend Great Lakes Collagen. It is odorless, tasteless, and you can add it to essentially anything. I personally put 2 tablespoons in my coffee every morning.
Supplementing your collagen deficiency will allow you to be more active, look younger and improve your quality of life.
Please know that Optimized Life ONLY recommends products that we personally take and would give to our family. We want to pass on great products when we find them.
Last but not least, Join our free community!
Now that you have all of the information you need to optimize your health, what are you going to do first?
We would love to hear from you.
In general, vitamins are safe for people to use, though you should always check with your doctor before beginning a new supplement. Some vitamins can be dangerous for people with weakened immune systems, which can occur due to long-term use of corticosteroids, an HIV/AIDS infection or organ transplants. You may also need to avoid some supplements if you have an artificial heart valve; in rare cases, these bacteria can infect your heart muscle, and patients with artificial valves have an increased risk of this complication.
For all of our disclaimers, click here.
- NutriBullet 1200 Watt Blender Review PLUS Healthy Smoothie Recipies For Beginners
- DIY Backyard Makeover Using What You Have To Get The Look You Want
- How Shawn Stevenson Healed Himself From “Incurable” Degenerative Disc Disease
- Levoit Vital 100 True HEPA Air Purifier Review
- [Todd Dickerson Shares His Secret] When To Buy Bitcoin And When To Sell