If you’re like me, coffee is literally the first thing need in the morning. If I don’t have it, I wouldn’t be able to adult! Either way, there is nothing better than a good old cup of joe. I’m embarrassed to admit this but… sometimes coffee is actually my breakfast. Because of this, I started looking for ways to make my coffee “intentional” by looking for ways to add nutritional value to it. I did it! Not only is it beneficial but its delicious as well. Optimized Life has the perfect coffee recipe for you!
I wanted to share my favorite coffee recipe. I like to call it “Optimized Coffee” because it’s just that. And since we are Optimized Life, I thought it fit perfectly!
Disclosures: This post contains affiliate links. LEARN MORE HERE (but basically it just means that if you purchase the item through the link on this page, we get a small commission and are super appreciative!)
Check out these ingredients!
8-12 oz. Direct Trade Coffee of Your Choice
2 Tbsp. Grass-Fed Unsalted Butter
1 Tbsp. of Carbon C60
2 Scoops Great Lakes Collagen Protein
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Sea Salt
Garnish With a Sprinkle of Cinnamon
This coffee has my 2 must haves… Carbon C60 and Collagen. I am obsessed when them and if you read our blogs, you know we always talk about them.
Let me break it down…
- Coffee – Caffeine is a life saver! I know there are some coffee-haters out there and they like to tell you it’s bad for your health but it actually has some pretty impressive health benefits. It adds fiber to your diet, prevents cavities, reduces liver cancer and helps you get along with your family and coworkers. In fact, I recently wrote an article about direct trade coffee. You should take a look at it so you understand where coffee actually comes from. Where your coffee comes from is a very big deal.
- Grass-fed unsalted butter – Contains 5 times more CLA than butter from grain fed cows. CLA is a fatty acid that os linked to fighting cancer, prevents bone loss and helps your body build muscles. It’s also much higher in Omega-3 and K2.
- Carbon C60 – This is my jam! Everyone should have a bottle of this in their life. I could talk about this all day but in a nutshell, Carbon C60 is a molecule that has been manufactured in labs and added to an oil form. Because of this process, we are able to reap the many amazing benefits and optimize our health in revolutionary ways. Here are a few of the benefits of C60: Increases longevity, reduces inflammation, improves immune function, reverses Alzheimers, improves bone health and protects cartilage, helps eradicate viruses and bacteria, prevents you from gaining weight, inhibits tumor growth, can reduce skin disorders, helps prevent male infertility, helps athletes performance and recovery time, gives you energy, last but certainly not least, it is a super powerful antioxidant. I could go on and on about C60. If you are interested in learning more, I would encourage you to read my article called “What is C60” and “6 Benefits of Carbon C60“.
- Collagen Protein Supplement: Again, this is another one that gets me all excited and worked up because of it’s amazing benefits. Collagen is naturally produced in our bodies, however our production of collagen starts slowing down in our mid 30’s. That’s why we start noticing aches and pains when we try to get out of bed or do a simple exercise. It also is why we start noticing wrinkles, brittle hair and nails. Since collagen is the main protein in our bones, joints, and skin we need to supplement it in order to add collagen back into our body where it desperately belongs. We can do this by adding 2 tablespoons a day to our diet. It is tasteless and odorless so it can easily be added to almost anything. For more information on Collagen, please read my article called “What’s the deal with collagen protein”.
- Sea Salt : Contrary to beliefs, sea salt has many health benefits. It keeps you hydrated, reduces fluid retention, adds minerals to your body, improves digestion and replenishes electrolytes. Table salt does not do these things so if you don’t have sea salt at home, you can not substitute table salt to make this recipe.
- Cinnamon: This lovely tastings spice is a good source of fiber, calcium and magnesium. It also acts as a powerful antioxidant. It has many other benefits such as reduces inflammation, lowers blood sugar and bad cholesterol.
Sorry for this long explanation of a coffee recipe. I honestly was trying to make this a quick and simple read but as I started writing it, I couldn’t help but to tell you all of the many benefits these awesome ingredients has to offer.
This coffee would be a great start to your morning. Try it! See what you think. Be intentional about your coffee and your day.
This article may include affiliate links. All this means to you is if you love the product we suggest and you click on the link to make a purchase through that link, we could receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. We only link to products that we have tried or we personally believe would benefit others.
I recently did a review of the top 7 collagen supplements of 2019. It gives you a variety of ways to supplement your collagen deficiency. You can read it HERE!
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Please consult your healthcare provider before beginning a new supplement.
In general, vitamins are safe for people to use, though you should always check with your doctor before beginning a new supplement. Some vitamins can be dangerous for people with weakened immune systems, which can occur due to long-term use of corticosteroids, an HIV/AIDS infection or organ transplants.
You may also need to avoid some supplements if you have an artificial heart valve; in rare cases, these bacteria can infect your heart muscle, and patients with artificial valves have an increased risk of this complication.
Now it’s your turn
I hope you enjoyed this post Intended for optimal health.
Now, I would love to hear from you:
Which supplement from this post are you excited to try?
Let me know by leaving a quick comment below.
If you found this post helpful, please don’t hesitate to share it with your friends. Also, be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on upcoming posts full of tips and tricks to make your health journey easier.
If you enjoyed this article you should definitely check out some of my recent post!