If you have been anxiously watching the news and waiting to see what the effects of covid19 were going to do to the US, you are not alone. If you are reading this, the time to prepare is now! I wanted to make this blog strictly for people who are preparing for covid19 on a budget. I speak with experience because this is what my family has been doing over the past month. Since we had time, I would pick up things here and there but we don’t have that kind of time anymore. So, I have a list of the best prices for the items you need to prepare for covid19 or any other emergency situation to come. I will also update it weekly to match the current sales.
If you are out of the loop and not sure why you need to prepare, I want to encourage you to read this article. https://www.optimizedlife.com/why-you-should-start-preparing-for-covid19/ then jump back over here and take advantage of the savings below.
You only want to buy non-perishable food items because they have a much longer shelf life so if we are in the clear with covid19, you will have lots of food we can always eat! Having a supply of non-perishables at home is always a good idea. You can keep them as your emergency stockpile, or use it as your everyday food. WIN-WIN!
Before I go over the list, I have a few tips that will save even more money but it will take a few minutes to research and you might even have to go to multiple stores.
- Publix BOGO (if you only buy one, its half price)
- Kroger Sales aisle (if you are a Kroger shopper, you know what aisle I am talking about!) and Weekend deals
- Aldi Weekly Specials
- Buy the store brand or generic
- Coupons on top of specials and already marked down or clearance items equals MAJOR SAVINGS!
Preparing For Covid 19 in the US On A Budget
- Box of instant oatmeal – $.99 Kroger brand
- Box of instant grits – $2.49 Kroger brand
- Frozen Waffles – $1.25 Kroger brand
- Dry Milk – 64oz $15.95 Kroger brand
- Pancake Mix and Syrup -BOGO Publix
- Cascadian Farm and Kellogg’s Boxed Cereal -BOGO Publix
- Boxed Silk Almond Milk: $1.99 Kroger
- 26 oz Box of instant mashed potatoes (add water) – $3.49 Kroger brand
- Annies Homegrown Boxed Mac and cheese – BOGO Publix
- Bag of dried lentils – $1.79 Kroger brand
- Dried Pasta -BOGO Publix
- Knor Pasta or rice sides – BOGO Publix
- Pasta Sauce -BOGO Publix
- Canned Veggies-.65
- Beans – 10/$10
- 5 lb Bag of rice – $2.67 Kroger brand
- Bumble Bee Canned Tuna -.59 Kroger
- Canned Chicken -BOGO Publix
- Ramen -Super cheap anywhere
- Campbell’s Well YES! soup -BOGO Publix
- Peanut Butter -BOGO Publix
- Crackers -BOGO Publix
- Broth or stock -BOGO Publix
- Frozen Meatballs -BOGO Publix
- Farm Rich Frozen Foods – BOGO Publix
- Bread – BOGO Publix
- Frozen Veggies – 10/$10 Kroger
- VeeTee Ready Rice – BOGO Publix
- Frozen Chicken Breast – BOGO Publix
- Mrs. Pauls Frozen Fish Sticks – BOGO Publix
- Make your own trail mix– You can make a good amount by adding your own ingredients for about $10. I use mixed nuts, m&m, dried fruit, craisins.
- Mixed Nuts – BOGO Publix
- Perfect Bar Refrigerator Protein Bar – BOGO Publix
- Microwave Popcorn -BOGO Publix
- Juicy Juice – BOGO Publix
- Powerade 8 pack – BOGO Publix
- Toothpaste -.79 Kroger
- Publix Detergent – BOGO Publix
- Pretzels – BOGO Publix
- Bottled Water – $1.99 32 pack Kroger
- Toilet Paper – Kroger brand 12 rolls $5.99
- Hand sanitizer – 60oz Walmart $5.97
- Gallon Water -.79 Kroger brand
- Evian Spring Water – BOGO Publix
- Vitamin Water – BOGO Publix
- Lysol Multi-Purpose Cleaner – BOGO Publix
- Nature Made Vitamins – BOGO Kroger
- Hand soap-$1 Kroger
- Deodorant- $1 Kroger
- Bar soap – $1 Kroger
- Clorox Wipes – $4.99 Kroger
I spent around $75 but I bought multiple of most items. Still, not bad for a couple of week’s worth of food!
All of the Publix BOGO listed above are good until March 3rd so definitely take advantage of them. Take a few minutes and go online and see if you can find coupons. Publix has digital coupons you can take advantage of to stack on top of the BOGO deal. Sometimes you can even get the item free!
Same with Kroger. All items on sale until March 3rd. Download the app and you can clip digital Kroger coupons to stack on top of the sales prices. Friday-Sunday, Kroger has weekend deals that are worth getting.
Take a look at our Covid19 Resource Center for the latest updates. We want to offer it to our community for free as a way to give you accurate information so you can be prepared for what’s to come. In our resource center, you will find videos, articles, FAQs, and graphs that will help you better understand the truth so you can protect yourself and your loved ones. To access this information, go to https://optimizedlife.clickfunnels.com/covid_optin
Please share this information with your family and friends. It is so important for them to know whats going on so they can be prepared as well.
Whoa! Super thorough and interesting. I enjoyed reading this!
Thanks for this post